Google analytics 4

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Shiny, Happy People

God She's crying again. I bet there are parents out there that do not feel frustration when their baby screams because of a gas bubble, or a soiled diaper, or for seemingly no reason at all. These parents also have their lawn mowed, their furniture dusted, their floors clean. Their teeth are gleaming and straight, their kids do not fight and always put away their toys, their fridge is full of handpicked vegetables, and they wake up with perfect hair. They are not sinless, and they would tell you so (because they are very humble). Their savings account is full, their car oil is changed frequently, and their children know how to do things like play musical instruments, sew, dance, and multiply by the ripe age of 6. If I met these parents I would not envy their strength. I would not covet their children. I would not try to emulate them. The truth is, the whole world dances before an audience of One. God "himself has suffered and been tempted, (so that) he is able to help those who are tempted."(Heb 2:18 RSV parenthesis added) Jesus sat, and I believe in so many ways still sits, with tax collectors and sinners revealing the light of the knowledge of the glory of God through His own face. He is not intimidated by my weakness, but is actually made strong through it. God the Father delights in mercy and I give Him ample reason to be delighted by asking for it. I do not want to be a perfect father. I want to be a dependent son.

Alex Weber

No comments:

Post a Comment